Valmont Disc Golf Course in Boulder, CO
Due to COVID numbers, restrictions, and uncertainties we have decided to postpone the Ultimate Disc Golf Derby in Boulder with the hope to reschedule for the spring of 2021.
AYU is excited to host the Ultimate Disc Golf Derby on November 22nd! The tournament is in partnership with USA Ultimate and Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA)
Grab your approved 175g ultimate disc and head to the disc golf course in this official USAU competition.
Players must have a current USA Ultimate player membership (Youth, College, Adult, Coach + Player or Affiliate), a current PDGA membership or purchase a $5 USA Ultimate single event membership. This includes signing any waivers that are attached to the membership.
After creating a free USAU account, all players and teams must register for an event through the USA Ultimate event registration system by 11:59 pm MT on the Wednesday before that event.
Discs will be available for purchase when you register and will be mailed to the address on your USAU account. To deliver elsewhere please email email@example.com.
These are X(C) Tier events under the PDGA rules, which allows for experimentation and more flexibility with rules and participation.
Players will earn PDGA individual round ratings based on their score at each event. These ratings will be used to rank individuals and teams in the overall derby competition. For more details, see Competition Guidelines.
All participants have a chance to win a prize!
The top three finishers in each division will receive Ultimate Disc Golf award discs. Everyone will be entered into a raffle for other great prizes!
Local events may also have additional prizes. Please reach out to your local event organizer for more information.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- All participants at the event are aware of all current requirements of the government, as well as these Health and Safety Guidelines.
- All participants and staff must follow the CDC good hygiene practices:
- Use hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, or no-rinse soap.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Athletes and organizers will NOT participate if they feel under the weather, sick, or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- We will have an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) and handwashing stations for all participants to use regularly throughout the event.
- All Registration will be online. No day of registration will be allowed
- All Waivers and Event info/communications will be provided in digital form prior to the event.
- All players will be required to submit a health screening within 18 hours before the start of the event
- All scoring will be done online via the PDGA web app. NO exchange of paper scorecard.
- Player groups will be limited to 4somes.
- Players are required to observe social distancing at all times.
- Players are required to wear face-covering at any time where social distancing cannot be observed or at all times if required by local requirements.
- There will be no gatherings or “event central”. The TD will have an established area to ensure he is available to all players and public.
- No spectators or caddies will be allowed.
- Players will be assigned starting holes for a shotgun start the night prior to the event.
- Players will be allowed to practice prior to the event while safely respecting other player’s space.
- Players are subject to disqualifications and/or disciplinary action from the PDGA for not following event guidelines. Three strike rule.
- The event shall provide a “rule enforcer” to ensure the participant complies with the required COVID protocol
If you have any questions, please contact the Tournament Directors