We are launching a 2020 Fall Colorado Springs Club Experience that will provide players in the Springs a chance to strengthen skills, build a team culture, and gain a sense of community.
Players develop together throughout the fall, during two intense practices each week led by Peter Kiefer (University School Head Coach).
We are excited to return to play and are sure you are too! We want to assure you that getting back to the fun will not come at the expense of safety. We have undertaken a rigorous "Return to Play Safely" protocol to increase the safety of all players, coaches, and families. These vigorous safety precautions include enhanced sanitation of equipment, program modifications to reduce close contact, social distancing on sidelines, and more (full list of protocols below).
THE GAME PLAN
This program includes:
- High-Level coaching from coaches from the local community.
- We are hoping to partner with local club teams or schools to set up scrimmages and a higher level of competition. *this is not a guarantee but a hope
- We will host U20 (high school level) and U15 (middle school level) if there is enough interest for both groups.
Two weekly practices every Tuesday and Thursday starting Oct. 6th to November 12th
- Portal Park every Tuesday and Thursday in October at 4:15-6:15p
- John Venezia every Tuesday and Thursday in November at 4:30-6:30p
Head coach: Peter Kiefer
DOES IT COST MONEY?
The cost to participate in this program will be $125. The bulk of this cost includes competitive coaches' pay and the cost of fields. Your registration fee will cover any USA Ultimate membership needs but all participants will need to confirm membership and complete waivers on their membership profile.
AYU believes that all players should have access to participate, and there are opportunities to apply for financial aid. If you need this, please fill out this financial aid application.
We will be following the Governor's guidelines for youth sports camps which will include:
All participants and staff must follow the CDC good hygiene practices:
- Use hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, or no-rinse soap.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Limit the program size to 25 kids or number based on facility/county guidelines.
- Players will NOT participate if they feel under the weather, sick, or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- No sharing of water bottles between players or coaches.
- All participants must pass a health screen before they are allowed to play.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) will be provided for all participants to use regularly throughout the event or program.
- All participants and staff are required to use a face covering (i.e. mask, a bandana, or other material covering mouth and nose) as much as possible.
- All players, coaches, staff, independent contractors, and spectators should practice social distancing of 6 ft. wherever possible and activities that are not conducive to the required 6 feet of physical distancing will be limited throughout the day.
- Discs and frequently touched objects and surfaces will be DISINFECTED regularly.
- Players participate at their own risk and a waiver must be signed by all participants and guardians when necessary.
- Player equipment will be spaced accordingly to prevent close contact.
- Coaches and staff will not attend if they are not feeling well or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- No Handshakes or group celebrations and spirit circles
- Players with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses will be sent home with a recommendation to get tested immediately and adhere to isolation and exclusion requirements.
- AYU or coaches hold the right to make decisions for the overall health of participants, including the right to remove players showing symptoms or not following safety protocols.