While our community is social distancing and sheltering in place to stay safe, we want to provide a space and opportunity for our community members to engage and connect with each other!
Here are some resources and tips we hope will give us all a way to come closer while we're apart.
My favorite list of resources can be found on this Google Spreadsheet called Resources for Remote Ultimate Community Participation - here is our list of suggestions to engage in our community:
Compete in a contest posted on AYU's Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter
- Follow AYU on one of our social media platforms
- Submit your post each contest for a chance to win a pair of Kikko Socks or a $15 gift card to Breakmark!!
- Remember to tag AYU in your post.
Go through the USA Ultimate online coaching membership requirements
To be eligible to purchase a coach or coach/player membership you must complete the following requirements:
- NCSI Background Check (takes up to 10 business days, renewed every two years)
- CDC Concussion Training (takes 1+ hours)
- Coach Membership Videos (30 minutes)
- Pass the Coach Membership Test
- If you have not received the invitation to the test within five business days, please contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passing score is 80%
- Once you have completed the above items, you can purchase a coach membership. You can then take the Safesport training if you have not already completed it. If you already have a USA Membership then you can complete the Safesport at any time.
*Please note that you are NOT a coach member until you have completed the SafeSport training.
- Complete these through your USAU membership page and go to Educational Requirement for a Coach-Level Membership
- SafeSport training is free now with your USAU membership. Takes 2-3 to go through the training the first time, roughly 20 minutes to renew.
Already a Coach? Develop your Coaching Skills
DiscNW Virtual Coach Training Series
- Subscribe to this Google calendar so you never miss a live session!
- USA Ultimate Coaching Offerings
- Ultimate Specific Online Training Memberships
- Other Resources*
- This database is also full of easy-to-follow one-page routines.
- Exercises and outside activities for families.
- Fitness YouTube channels: Yoga with Adriene, POPSUGAR Fitness, and Blogilates, but there are plenty more if you run a quick search.
- Yoga: CorePower is unlimited and Skyting has a one-week trial
- Pilates: 30 days free with P Volve or 7 days with Wundabar
- HIIT: 30 days free with Fhitting Room
- Barre: Bar Method goes live on IGTV once a week, Physique57 offers a 7-day free trial on their site, The Sculpt Society offers two weeks free, or 15 days free from Barre3Studios are giving out free workouts online right now as well. Here are some, broken out by type of workout.
- Some instructors are also offering live workouts on Instagram:
Help Colorado Now
Visit Help Colorado Now’s website today for more information on these opportunities and resources.
Website: Help Colorado Now
- Looking to volunteer to help at-risk individuals across our state get through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Help Colorado Now is a leader in supporting the State of Colorado’s COVID-19 volunteer response effort. Through Help Colorado Now, find ways to:
- Become a Volunteer
- Find Volunteers for Your Organization
- Donate Supplies
- Join the Innovation Response Team
- Find Childcare for First Responders
- Find Funding for your Organization
- Donate Blood:
- There is an urgent need for blood. If you would like to do something to give back, you are healthy and eligible, please make an appointment at a Vitalant donation center or blood drive near you: vitalant.org.
- Additionally, Garth Englund has donation sites in Fort Collins, as well as Loveland. For more information call (970-495-8965).
- The Children’s Hospital has requested people to have their call screened before making an appointment (720-777-5398).
- St. Mary’s Regional Blood Center supplies 19 area hospitals on the Western Slope and can be reached at online at donor.stmarysbloodcenter.org or by phone (970-298-2555).
Support Ultimate Specific Companies and Programs
- 50% of revenue in April goes towards supporting the Western Ultimate League
- Buy a Face Covering and use it as an alternative to single-use face masks.
- Win a gift card through AYU's social media contest!
- Purchase VC Neckies
- Partnerships with AUDL, USA Ultimate National Team, and USA Ultimate
- BE Ultimate
- Content Providers
- Order online and get 10% off when you use the code AYU or we have some physical bags you can purchase on-site with no shipping fee
- Greatest Bags