13 – 14
Sat – Sun
Long Lake Regional Park in Arvada, CO
Stanley Strunk |
- Fall mid-season 2-day tournament, with 2 divisions of play (Mixed & Funplay)
- Tourney standards: trainers, water stations, food at HQ (bananas, bagels, peanut butter etc), trophies, discs for sale
- Tourney extras:
- Bringa Younga Sistah (GUM clinic): fun, 1-hr clinic for younger girls — great introduction to the sport for any younger siblings of players attending the tourney. We'll have giveaway items (discs etc) and popsicles and muffins. Late morning on Sat.
- Coach showcase game: 45-min game during the midday lunch break on Sat. Coaches from North schools vs coaches from South schools, with heckling from their players. Some coaches are currently elite players.
- Funplay division: 1 full day of games on Sun Oct 14 with lots of playing time for kids who aren't able to play on a team in the Mixed division, eg younger programs with limited players, or 'overflow' rookie boys on larger programs, startup teams. Teams can be all boys, but girls are welcome and encouraged to play too.