We have a variety of paid positions that we want to fill as soon as possible. Unless otherwise noted, position is open until filled. Please contact the specific manager for each position with questions or to apply.
If you are interested in any position? Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your email & phone
- Where you live
- Which job are you applying for
- Tell us about your work experience/skills in this area
- Tell us about yourself
Looking for a way to be more involved with ultimate while developing your professional skills? We are looking for interns to assist AYU in growing events and programs. We expect the intern to be available at tournaments and help with the logistics of league, tournaments, clinics, and programs. The internship can be paid or done for credit based on your needs and experience.
Medical Director for Masters Nationals
Preferable a physician who is a sports medicine trained-orthopedic surgeon or sports med/family medicine. Emergency medicine is a good specialty to recruit.
Medical Director should be familiar with evaluating musculoskeletal injuries, concussions, heat/cold injuries and managing emergencies - both medical and injuries. Familiarity with the SCAT5 is important.
They will need to become familiar with USAU's heat guidelines and use of the Kestrel.
- Working with ATC's working the event to make decisions about return to play
- Working with USAU event staff on monitoring weather conditions and making decisions about heat level and play
- Helpful if can liaise with local hospital/urgent care
- Work with event ATCs to designate closest hospital/urgent care/pharmacy on the handout for participants/spectators
- Meeting EMS/Police that are working event in case of emergency
- Triaging spectator illness/injury to determine if transport by ambulance is needed
- Summarizing medical over the course of the event and submitting a BRIEF written report to USAU Event staff (ie no ambulance transports, 2 heat-related injuries, 5 concussions, etc)
- Board Certified
- CPR certified
- prior experience working sporting events
AYU Board Member
Our six-person Board will be adding at least one new Board member and are extending an invite to anyone interested in joining the board to submit an application.
Our Board is a great group of people who are productive, high-functioning and well-regarded in the community. We love seeing new players fall in love with our sport and trust you will too.
Are you interested? Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One in-person mtg per month (weekday evening for ~three hours)
- Basic facility with Google Docs
- Respond to emails/requests for feedback
- Oversee at least one sub-committee or project
- Commit to at least a three-year term
- No financial/donor expectations
Commitment to the best interests of youth ultimate, Spirit of the Game, open communication, conflict resolution, and cooperation within our Board and community.
We will first review all applications and then have a formal interview/application process.
Colorado needs more folks becoming USAU observers AND more folks observing at local tournaments.
1) Head Observer - This person does the following for ONE local tourney. This position will take a few hours pre event of communicating and will be on site for the whole event. REQUIREMENT-must be a USAU certified observer. Stipend is $50/event day
- Work closely with the TD of the Event to decide the number of observers needed
- gather interest from local and regional observers to work the event
- if there is a budget for out of state observers, work with the TD to determine how many out of town observers will be needed and can be afforded
- pass along all necessary communications to your observer crew
- the weekend of the event, coordinate which observers work together and what games each crew will work (with the help of the TD)
- he or she also will be working games throughout the weekend themselves
2) Observer - This person does the following. REQUIREMENT-must be a USAU certified observer. Stipend is $25/event day
- i) Works with the TD or Head Observer to work event games
- ii) Brings his/her own uniform and officiating gear
iii) reports scores and TMF’s/PMF’s back to Tourney central
We always need event volunteers!