Broomfield Commons in Broomfield, CO
GRASS 2020 will happen May 30-31 once again at the lovely "Red Pod" at the Broomfield Commons in Broomfield, CO. GRASS is GRU's Savage Seven tournament, which, for those of you who may not be familiar with the format, involves rosters of ten, seven of whom (alternating 4M-3W and 4W-3M) are picked for each game to play the entirety without subs. Games are to seven, and there will be lots of them. It's a fun format.
The level of play typically ranges from local "B" league to high level club, and while we're always well-represented by Boulder and Denver teams, we've also drawn traveling squads from places like California, Arizona, Minnesota, New Mexico, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming and Utah.
Saturday will feature a party at the fields with a pig roast and beer provided by one of the local breweries.
The team fee this year is $400 ($40 per person).
Feel free to pass this announcement along to anyone and everyone who might be interested in playing.
Savage ultimate. Savage fun.
- Games are played to seven points. Win by one. No half time.
- Games hard-capped at the 50 minute mark. If the cap goes on during the point, play out the point. If the score is tied at that point, play one more point. Otherwise, the game is over. The next point starts immediately after a score.
- Each team has one time out per game.
- Seven players, alternating 4 male, 3 female, then 4 female, 3 male are to be selected before each game to play the entire game.
- Each team gets up to one (1) injury sub per game. A player that subs out cannot sub back in that game.
- Rosters are capped at 10 players total. No player exchanges are allowed between Saturday and Sunday, unless arranged before the tournament and approved by all captains.
GRASS FIELD MAP
Team registration is the same as past years, with one noticeable change - teams should bring rosters of equal gender - 5 men, 5 women. We will be switching the gender ratio each game (example: Game 1 - 4 men, 3 women; Game 2 - 3 men, 4 women; Game 3 - 4 men, 3 women, etc.)