Long Lake Regional Park in Arvada, Colorado
AYU is excited to host a 4 v. 4 tournament on November 14th and 15th! The tournament will be formatted to follow guidelines for COVID-19 and to reduce the number of people players come into contact with.
NOTE: An Affiliate - Colorado Altitude Youth Ultimate (AYU) membership is sufficient for this event. If you signed up already for the annual membership, then you are good to go - review your membership profile to confirm that it is active and expires 12/31/2020.
We will be having a Captain's Meeting at 8:45a at Tournament Central with all first round of games starting at 9:30a.
We will require all players to submit a health screening within 18 hours before the start of the event (Friday evening - Saturday morning). To limit gatherings at the water stations, we recommend players bring more water than normal, even as much for themselves as they expect to need for the day - no sharing water bottles.
We are also offering tent rentals for $15 per for the day - fill out this rental agreement if interested.
Rosters: 10 players per team maximum on the roster. The facility does not allow spectators at the adult event.
Chaperone Requirement for U19 Divisions: Each team is required to have at least one chaperone on their roster.
Note: this is not a school-based event
- Must have your Roster Created and Register for Event
- Must have Chaperone and/or Coach listed (See here for more info)
An approved chaperone has completed the following:
- Has an individual USA Ultimate account and Membership.
- Has signed a USAU liability waiver online
- Is a minimum of 21 years old
- Has completed SafeSport Training
- To complete SafeSport Training - go to the homepage of your USA Ultimate account. Towards the top of the page, you will see your SafeSport Status on the right side of the page. This is only available once you have a current membership. The cost of the SafeSport training is now included as a benefit covered by USA Ultimate membership dues.
- Has completed a background screening through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (using the specific USA Ultimate criteria set) and received a "green light" (NCSI screening expires after two years)
- Pass an NCSI Background check (base cost is $21.50 for a two-year duration, some additional costs are added by certain states and counties)
- Takes an average of 10 business days, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- NCSI is a provider for many Olympic and non-Olympic sports, and a full partner with the US Olympic Committee's Safe Sport program.
- You can complete a check or find out the expiration date of your current check through your user account.
- To start the background screening process, follow these directions.
- An approved chaperone has completed the following:
If you have any questions or issues with rostering your team, please contact the Tournament Directors
At the event, we will also be facilitating the skills modules to compete in the USA Ultimate National Skills Challenge. We will have space and volunteers to help measure, time, count, etc. Check out the examples and register here.
Closet Cleanout Drive
Please bring any old jerseys, discs, or cleats to donate to players in need.
Game Format - Times & Scoring
- Teams play a “first to win two games” in one round
- 60-minute rounds with the first two games played to 5 and a tie-breaker if needed to 3.
20-minute time cap for each game to 5 - with the 2nd game going to the 40-minute mark of the hour
- Teams are encouraged to start the 2nd or 3rd game as soon as possible
- 5-minute max between each game
The third tie-breaker game will be modified - TBD.
- The 3rd game is not required to be played if one team wins the first two games.
- Between points: 45 seconds for O then additional 15 seconds for D (60 total seconds between points)
- Flip a disc at the beginning of each round to pick Offense or Side, then Mirror to start the 2nd game, the reflip for Side or Offense for the 3rd game is under review.
- One timeout per game per team.
Start time: All games will start at 9:30 AM.
Special 4v4 Rules
- In general, we play with all of the same rules as we’re accustomed to with 7v7. If something here doesn’t override those rules; default to them.
- The Stall is to 7 (rather than 10), starting with “Stalling One”. A stall out occurs on the first utterance of the “S” in “Seven” (rather than the “T” of “Ten”).
- For a Contested Stall, the stall count will come in at 5, saying “Stalling 6”). Note: this is just “back 2”, like the 7v7 rules.
For all Violations or Fouls that occur with the Stall Count above 3 - if the stall count would come in above 3 when restarting play, the stall count will instead come in at 3 (saying “Stalling 4”)
- As an example, we know that if a Pick is called when the stall-count is at 8, play will resume with the stall count dropping to 5, so the marker starts with “Stalling 6”. Here we’re just replacing 5 with 3, for all rules involving the stall count for travels, picks, fouls, etc…
- So if a Pick is called when the mark had already uttered “Five”, then play would restart with the stall at 3, saying “Stalling 4”.
- Each point starts with a Pull, and like 7v7: Offense should have one foot on their end-zone line, and the Defensive players should be behind their own end-zone line when the Pull is released.
However, the Brick rule is changed. For 4v4, if the pull lands out-of-bounds, or if the pull lands in-bounds but rolls out of bounds - the offense must take the disc at the Brick Mark. The offense does not have the option to pick up a disc that has touched out-of-bounds, they must walk the disc to the Brick Mark before starting play.
- Special Note: In the case of a pull that leaves the playing field proper immediately after leaving the puller’s hand, and never comes back into play - the starting point is still the Brick Mark. The offense does not have the option to put the disc in play where it last left the playing-field proper.
- The Brick Mark location is under review.
Use the USAU App (iOS - Android) to enter the number of games won
- Open the App >> click Events >> Click 2020 Fall 4s >> Click Your Division >> Click View Schedule & Scores >> Click Pencil to Update the Score
Text the individual game scores to TBD
- Team A (your team in this example) wins the first game 5-3
- Team B wins the second game 5-2
- Team A wins the tie-breaker 3-2
- You input into the USAU app the score 2-1
- You text: Team A 5-3 over Team B, Team B 5-2, Team A 3-2
All participants must have an up-to-date USA Ultimate membership - an Affiliate Membership is sufficient, chose Affiliate Colorado Altitude Youth Ultimate (AYU) - with signed Release of Liability Waiver, and the Infectious Diseases Waiver.
Looking for a team or need more players? Contact the TDs
Additional Safety Precautions
All participants and staff must follow the CDC good hygiene practices:
- Use hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, or no-rinse soap.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Athletes, organizers, and coaches will NOT participate if they feel under the weather, sick, or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- We will have an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) and handwashing stations for all participants to use regularly throughout the event.
All players, coaches, and spectators are required to use a face covering (i.e. mask, a bandana, or other material covering mouth and nose) as much as possible.
- Players may call “injury” timeout if they are having difficulty breathing due to the face-covering or if a player continues to not use a face-covering and has been warned more than twice.
- All players, coaches, and spectators should practice social distancing of 6 ft. wherever possible and activities that are not conducive to the required 6 feet of physical distancing will be limited throughout the day.
- Regularly disinfect discs and frequently touched objects and surfaces - we recommend starting each game with a “clean” disc.
- Space player equipment accordingly to prevent close contact.
- No Handshakes or group celebrations and spirit circles
If you have any questions, please contact the Tournament Directors