Broomfield Commons in Broomfield, CO
SUNDAY, NOV 10TH ~ 9AM-4PM
5v5 TEAMS IN TWO [Possibly 3] DIVISIONS
Teams can determine roster size but the minimum number allowed on the roster is 8 and the recommended Max is 15 (@ 16 or higher you might consider splitting and doing 2 teams). These are all OPEN divisions, meaning there are no gender requirements. Girls and Boys play at the same time on the same team, COED, but there is no requirement to have players from each gender on the field at any given time. All players on a given team do NOT have to attend the same school (unlike this Spring where this will be different)
Tourney fee is $100/team and all players MUST be AYU affiliate members ($14/year) or USAU members. Also, each team will be required to have one USAU certified Chaperone that is background checked and Safe Sport Certified.
1) Teams will need to sign up their team(s) by Friday Oct 11th with this interest Survey:
2) have a fully certified chaperone by Friday Oct 18th (Background Check and Safe Sport Certified) for each team
3) and pay their team fee by Friday Oct 25th for each team:
$100 paid via Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please pay 'friends and family style' so there are NO FEES)
A. ONLINE ROSTERING
(This is the PREFERRED way and in the long run, is better for everyone involved including, you, the coach)
If you are rostering online, all rosters/waivers/memberships must be completed by Tuesday, November 5th
- Registering your team for the event
- Adding your team's roster. (Directions on how to create your roster on USAUltimate.org)
- Have all your players pay for affiliate memberships ($13/year per player) only if they are not members already – if you played in the 2019 Spring MS Tournament and/or in a Summer Camp you are likely already a 2019 member!
- Have all your players fill out online waivers
- Even with online rostering, all players will need to provide a paper med form on the day of the event. Med form found here!
B. PAPER ROSTERING
If you are not rostering online, each player participating must bring to the event:
- $15 cash or check (made out to Altitude Youth Ultimate) (OR bring proof of memberships)
- A parent/guardian-signed paper waiver. Paper waiver found here!
- A paper Medical Form for each player on the team. Med form found here!
You can do a combination of online rostering and paper rostering if absolutely necessary. For instance, you try and get everyone on the online roster but you have a few stragglers you need to add to your roster the day of the event.
New Format and Rule Changes
We are trying something a bit different this Fall! It's going to be a 5v5 format with a few experimental rule changes. (these rules changes are ones that USAU is recommending for this U15 age group. Many of the Ultimate communities that have the biggest and best Middle School leagues/communities play 5v5 and with some of these rule differences. A small subgroup of Colorado MS coaches have been talking about these changes for CO and we have landed on these for Fall play)
Number of players on the field -5v5
Field size (yards) - Length: 50 Width: 30 End Zone: 15 Bricks: 10
Game Length - Game Total: 11 points and/or Hard Time Cap 50 minutes
Pre-stall - NONE
Layout on Defense - Allowed without contact. Any contact with another player before, during, or after the play is considered a receiving foul. This includes incidental contact that did not affect the play. Emphasis must be placed by coaches on proper technique and decision-making.
Disc Space - Marking distance extended from disc width to arms-length.
Zone defense -No zone 'cup' on the mark. Switching and Poaching OK.
Dropped Pull -No turnover. Defense gets to set up and check in the disc.