Colorado Gives Day* is coming up on December 7th, and we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of what your donation to AYU helps support.
In another year defined by uncertainty and extremely challenging circumstances, AYU was once again able to provide a myriad of fun, safe, and exciting opportunities for the Ultimate community across the Front Range to experience four seasons of Ultimate magic. These included:
- Running spring and fall High School and Middle School leagues and State Championships
- Multiple Learn to Play clinics to bring newer players into the sport
- Starting a new MS club program in the spring and U15 teams over the summer
- Hosting nine college, club and masters tournaments
- Competing at YCC for Cutthroat and COSmic, with both teams breaking seed, and COSmic winning the spirit award for the U17 boys division
- Increasing participation in summer camps by 100% over the last two years, and adding a girls-only session
- Working to expand our DEI competency, as well as build connections in the Aurora community where we host tournaments
- Hiring a new full-time employee
And we’re not stopping there! In 2022, we’re continuing to expand opportunities for middle school players; adding college and club regionals to the tournament schedule; adding more opportunities for women and girls to play (starting with winter indoor in February); planning a Colorado Ultimate Summit for early 2022; building out a more robust YCC experience; and continuing to build on our DEI efforts.
Please schedule your donation in advance to help support work like this that gives youth across Colorado the opportunity to experience Ultimate. We’re a lean and mean organization, and your donation goes directly to fund additional safety protocols we’ve had to implement, scholarships to bring these opportunities to more kids, and helps us hire the staff to expand our operations.
* Donating through Colorado Gives Day helps us earn a part of the $1.6 million Colorado Gives Day Incentive Fund! All participating Colorado Gives Day nonprofits earn a percentage of the fund, so the more we raise, the more we get!