We are excited to return to play and are sure you are too! We want to assure you that getting back to the fun will not come at the expense of safety. We have undertaken a rigorous "Return to Play Safely" protocol to increase the safety of all players, coaches, and families. These vigorous safety precautions include enhanced sanitation of equipment, program modifications to reduce close contact, social distancing on sidelines, and more (full list of protocols below).
With these protocols in place and approval from government and health officials, we are offering a modified Colorado Cutthroat experience running from July through August (8 weeks) that will provide players the chance to strengthen skills, build team culture, and gain a sense of community.
Players develop together over the summer, during an intense practice each week led by expert coaches around Colorado. On top of training players to excel in knowledge, skills, and Spirit of the Game, coaches also teach Character Development based on the Cutthroat Code: Character, Community, and Competition.
Teams that we'll be hosting in this summer program:
- U17 Boys
- U20 Girls
- U20 Boys
Colorado Cutthroat is based on 3 tenets:
- Character: Cutthroat players treat ourselves, our teammates, our opponents, our coaches, and all others with respect. We hold ourselves to high spirit of the game standards as teams and individuals, and work to represent ourselves, our team, and our state in the most positive light.
- Community: Cutthroat is a close and caring community. We take care of each other, emotionally and physically. We work to bring new members into our community and support the development of everyone within our community.
- Competition: As the elite youth club team, we are competitive. Regardless of who we play or what the score, we are constantly pushing ourselves and our teammates to play as competitively as possible
THE GAME PLAN
This modified Cutthroat experience includes:
- Weekly practices every Thursday starting July 9th from 6pm to dark at South Sheridan Park in Lakewood.
- Cutthroat Neckie
- High-Level coaching from coaches from the local community.
- We are hoping to partner with local club teams or colleges to set up scrimmages and higher level of competition. *this is not a guarantee but a hope
- Access to AYU’s 6-Week Mind, Body, Ultimate Training Program to prepare to return to play (access starting June 21).
More about the 6-Week Mind, Body, Ultimate Training Progam
This program will help you to elevate your game and become the most complete player you can be. It brings together three of the best mind, body, and ultimate experts in the game to bring you an intensive 6-week program.
You get access to the following:
- Functional Performance Training by Tim Morrill from Morrill Performance.
- Mental Skills Training by Piers Kowalski from Performance Colorado.
- Ultimate Skills Training by USA National Team, former Molly Brown Coach, and current Johnny Bravo Coach, Joe Durst.
DOES IT COST MONEY?
The cost for this modified experience to participate in Cutthroat U17 Boys, U20 Boys, and U20 Girls will be $300. The bulk of this cost includes competitive coaches' pay, cost of fields, and swag items.
For our college kids who won't be able to be with us through August, we will pro-rate your amount. Please pay $150 and we will collect the rest once you tell us when you leave.
AYU believes that all players should have access to participate, and there are opportunities to apply for financial aid. If you need this, please make sure to note this in your registration!
We will be following the Governor's guidelines for youth sports camps which will include:
All participants and staff must follow the CDC good hygiene practices:
- Use hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, or no-rinse soap.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Limit camp sizes to 25 kids or number based on facility/county guidelines.
- Campers will NOT participate if they feel under the weather, sick, or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- No sharing of water bottles between campers.
- All participants must pass a health screen before they are allowed to play.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) will be provided for all participants to use regularly throughout the event or program.
- All participants and staff are required to use a face covering (i.e. mask, a bandana, or other material covering mouth and nose) as much as possible.
- All players, coaches, staff, independent contractors, and spectators should practice social distancing of 6 ft. wherever possible and activities that are not conducive to the required 6 feet of physical distancing will be limited throughout the day.
- Discs and frequently touched objects and surfaces will be DISINFECTED regularly.
- Players participate at their own risk and a waiver must be signed by all participants and guardians when necessary.
- Player equipment will be spaced accordingly to prevent close contact.
- Coaches and staff will not attend if they are not feeling well or have come in contact with someone that may be sick.
- No Handshakes or group celebrations and spirit circles
- Campers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses will be sent home with a recommendation to get tested immediately and adhere to isolation and exclusion requirements.
- AYU or coaches hold the right to make decisions for the overall health of participants, including the right to remove players showing symptoms or not following safety protocols.
Anne Pogoriler published 6-Week Mind, Body, Ultimate Program Registration in 6-Week Mind, Body, Ultimate Program 2020-05-12 14:52:50 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published Donate - Support Colorado Ultimate in Get Involved 2020-05-12 13:30:45 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published Adult Club Combines 2020 Registration in Adult Club Combines 2020 2020-03-03 17:33:31 -0700
Anne Pogoriler published Registration: 2020 Summer Camps in 2020 Summer Camps for Ages 7 - 16 2020-07-19 01:08:26 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published REGISTER: Cutthroat U20 Boys at 2019 Club Sections in 2020 Summer Camps for Ages 7 - 16 2019-08-08 19:37:52 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published Register: Co Springs Half Day Summer Camp July 22-26, 2019 in 2020 Summer Camps for Ages 7 - 16 2019-04-30 10:36:28 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published Register: NE Denver Half Day Summer Camp July 8-11, 2019 in 2020 Summer Camps for Ages 7 - 16 2019-04-30 10:35:58 -0600
Anne Pogoriler published Register: SW Denver Half Day Summer Camp July 22-26, 2019 in 2020 Summer Camps for Ages 7 - 16 2019-04-30 10:35:16 -0600
A couple Saturday meetups, where middle school teams can come together to scrimmage each other informally, under supervision of experienced Ultimate coaches from AYU (Altitude Youth Ultimate). Any middle schooler is welcome, girls and boys, in grades 6-8.Read more